Staging is one of the most crucial steps to selling a house. You want potential buyers to enter your home and see it at its peak. However, staging is more than just buying a new couch or adding a vase full of flowers and calling it a day. It requires a little creativity.
You do not have to spend an obscene amount of money improving the look of your home’s interior prior to selling. In fact, you can freshen up your home décor in as little as one weekend afternoon. Here are a couple of quick tips that can help you sell house fast.
- Rotate your art. Artwork can add a touch of beauty to your walls, but you do not want to overdo it. One of the easier and more inexpensive house selling tips is to rotate your artwork throughout the year. Since May is considered as the best month to sell a house, you’ll want to decorate your walls with lighter pastel artwork to complement the sunny weather. During the winter, you can bring out the deeper colors and oil pastel paintings.
- Minimize the fridge art. The refrigerator is a great place to put important contact info, photos, and children’s artwork. While you are in the process of selling a house, you may want to de-clutter the fridge so that it doesn’t look as busy. Move artwork and magnets to a whiteboard or home office so that it is not as prominent during showings.
Get your FREE personalized seller report from SOLD.com today and see if you’re ready to sell your home yourself.
- Use the power of three. In artwork, the number three is often used to convey a sense of completion and uniformity. Use this to your advantage as you are staging your home and freshening up your home décor. Add three flowers to a vase, put a stack of three books on the coffee table, hang three pieces of artwork in a pattern on the wall. These subtle touches stand out and make your living space look that much more appealing.
- Add space to your shelves. You might be tempted to utilize every ounce of space on a shelf, but sometimes, you want to leave spots open. Space out knick-knacks and books on your shelves so that there are noticeable gaps. These will give the room a more open and spacious feel and help it appear larger. Also, try to keep items on the shelf consistent or complementary so that it does not look like a random assortment of objects.
- Go lighter. As mentioned earlier, spring is the best time to sell your home. Switch darker colors out for lighter shades, and then open up the windows to let the light inside. Use the nice weather to enhance your home décor so that buyers will see just how beautiful your house looks during this time of the year.
If you’re looking for tips on how to sell your house quickly, your first step should be to focus on the interior. Update your décor and stage your home so that, once prospective buyers step foot across your front door, they will feel right at home.
If you still have questions and concerns about how to sell a house without a realtor, contact SOLD.com’s concierge service and receive expert help today.