SOLD.com has a strong commitment to providing information tailored to your individual needs while providing excellent service to our visitors and customers, including respecting concerns about privacy. We understand that you may have questions about whether and how we collect and use information. This Policy details the steps we take to respect your privacy concerns. If, after reviewing this Policy, you have any questions or privacy concerns, please send an email to privacy@SOLD.com or a letter to:
Privacy – Legal Department
999 Corporate Drive, Suite 215
Ladera Ranch, CA 92694
Information We Collect
SOLD.com collects information that identifies, describes, relates to, references, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or device (""personal information"). The categories of personal information that SOLD.com may collect include:
- Contact information (such as name, email address, mailing address, and phone number)
- Personal identifiers (such as Social Security Number (SSN), date of birth, employee identification number, Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN), other DBA number(s), other government issued identification(s), account name, online identifier, and signature)
- Financial information (such as bank, credit or debit card number, account information, and/or payment/transaction history)
- Professional or employment-related information (such as occupation, title, and prior employment history)
- Commercial information (such as business address, home purchase information, such as the address, type of home, and price range of the home you are interested in buying or selling, records of personal property)
- Demographic information (such as age, date of birth, gender, race, color, origin, citizenship, and ethnicity)
- Personal characteristics (such as marital status and familial information)
- Geolocation data (such as city/state, zip code, physical location, or movements)
- Internet or other Electronic Network Activity information (such as log information, IP address, access times, operating system, browser type and language, Internet service provider, and website interactions and browsing history)
- Inferences drawn from the above categories reflecting your preferences, characteristics, behaviors, psychological trends, attitudes and abilities
How We Collect Personal Information
SOLD.com collects information from a variety of sources. The following are categories of sources from which we may collect your personal information:
- Directly from you and other consumers through your interactions with us, such as when you use our services or purchase our products
- Through our websites, when you provide us information or complete a form
- From third party service providers or business partners
- From government agencies or public records
If you choose to submit any personal information relating to other people, you represent that you have the authority to do so and permit us to use the information in accordance with this Policy.
Use of Personal Information
We may use the personal information we collect for one or more of the following purposes:
- Perform our Services and Respond to Requests. We may use your information to fulfill requests, process payments, and perform services for by you.
- Protection and Security. We may use your contact information or personal identifiers to protect the security and integrity of SOLD.com our users, and others.
- Administrative Communications. We may use your contact information to send you important information regarding our services, such as changes to our terms, conditions, and policies and/or other administrative information.
- Marketing Communications.We may use your information to show you promotions or content based on your interests. You may opt out from receiving marketing communications, as described in the "Your Rights" section.
- Research and Surveys. We may use your information to conduct research.
- Internal Business Purposes. We may use your information for our internal business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, developing new offerings, and monitoring or improving the use and satisfaction of our services or to evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of SOLD.com’s assets in which personal information held by SOLD.com about our website users is among the assets transferred.
- Legal and Regulatory. We may use your information to comply with our legal or regulatory obligations, defend legal claims or cooperate with law enforcement.
Sharing Personal Information
SOLD.com may disclose your personal information as described above to a third party for a business purpose. When we disclose personal information for a business purpose, we enter a contract that describes the purpose and requires the recipient to both keep that personal information confidential and not use it for any purpose except performing the contract.
We may share your personal information with the following entities:
- Affiliated Entities. We may share your personal information to our subsidiaries and corporate affiliates, including future subsidiaries and affiliates of SOLD.com to use your information consistent with this Policy.
- Third Party Service Providers. We may share personal information with third party service providers who provide us with services, such as data analysis, online advertising, payment processing, order fulfillment, IT services, customer service, and other similar services. We grant our service providers access to personal information only to the extent needed for them to perform their functions and require them to protect the confidentiality and security of such personal information.
- Commercial Partners. We may share personal information with unaffiliated third parties who partner with us to deliver our services or on our commercial activities. Depending on the choices you have made and the nature of the joint activity, these third parties may contact you regarding products or services that may interest you.
- Business Transfers or Assignments. In the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including without limitation in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings), we may transfer any information that we collect from site users or offline to a third party.
- Law Enforcement; Emergencies; Compliance. We may disclose personal information about you to others as we believe to be appropriate: (i) under applicable law including laws outside your country of residence; (ii) to comply with legal process (iii) to respond to requests from public and government authorities including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (iv) to enforce our terms and conditions; (v) to protect our operations and property interest; (vi) to protect the rights, privacy, safety or property of SOLD.com, our employees, users of our service, or others; and (vii) to permit us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
- Network Partners. We may disclose your personal information with our affiliates and partners as part of our matching service.
Exercising Your Rights
In connection with promotions or other special projects, we may ask you specifically whether you have objections against a certain kind of data use or sharing. We will respect your decision if you opt-out under such circumstances.
If personal information you have submitted to us is no longer accurate, current, or complete, and you wish to update it, please contact us and upon appropriate request we will usually be glad to update or amend your information, but we reserve the right to use information obtained previously to verify your identity or take other actions that we believe are appropriate.
To exercise any other rights as described in this Policy, please submit a request by contacting us using the contact information at the end of this Policy. We reserve the right to verify your identity in connection with any requests regarding personal information to help ensure that we provide the information we maintain to the individuals to whom it pertains and allow only those individuals or their authorized representatives to exercise rights with respect to that information.
We reserve the right to deny your request if we cannot verify your identify. Where we deny your request in whole or in part, we will inform you of the denial, provide an explanation of our actions, and the reason(s) for the denial.
We will not restrict or deny you access to our services because of choices and requests you make in connection with your personal information.
Security and Protection of Personal Information
The security of your personal information is important to us. SOLD.com has taken reasonable steps to help protect the personal information our users share with us to prevent loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
We follow generally accepted standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. We urge you to exercise caution when transmitting personal information over the Internet. If you have questions about security on our Web site, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Links to Third Party Sites
Children and Minors
SOLD.com does not direct services to individuals under the age of eighteen (18) and we do not sell the personal information of minors under 18 years of age. If you are under age 18, please do not submit personal information to us. If you are a parent and become aware that your child has provided us with information, please contact us using one of the methods specified below and we will work with you to address this issue.
Cookies / Website Usage
When you access our website, your personal information may be collected by cookies and other similar technologies. Technologies such as: cookies, beacons, tags and scripts are used by SOLD.com and our marketing partners and analytics or service providers. These technologies are used in analyzing trends, administering the site, tracking users' movements around the site anonymously and to gather demographic information about our user base. We may receive reports based on the use of these technologies by these companies on an aggregated basis. If you reject cookies, you may still use our site, but your ability to use some features or areas of our site may be limited.
Additionally, when you use our website, some browsers have Do Not Track ("DNT") features that allow you to tell a website not to track you. SOLD.com honors the AdChoice DNT signals.
We partner with a third party to either display advertising on our web site or to manage our advertising on other sites. Our third-party partner may use technologies such as cookies to gather information about your activities on this site and other sites to provide you advertising based upon your browsing activities and interests. If you wish to not have this information used for the purpose of serving you interest-based ads, you may opt-out by clicking here. Please note this does not opt you out of being served ads. You may continue to receive generic ads.
Your California Privacy Rights
California's "Shine the Light" law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits users of our website that are California residents to request once per year certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make a request, please send us an email at privacy@SOLD.com.com. Indicate in your letter that you are a California resident making a “Shine the Light” inquiry.
If you are a California resident, you also have certain privacy rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA Rights”). This section describes those rights and how you can exercise them with SOLD.com.
CCPA Rights Requests
Right to Know and Right to Deletion
You can request what personal information we have collected, used, disclosed, and sold in the preceding twelve (12) months.
You can also request that we delete your personal information. We may not delete all your personal information if one of the following exceptions applies:
- Transactional: to complete a transaction for which the personal information was collected, provide a good or service requested by you, or perform a contract we have with you;
- Security: to detect data security incidents;
- Error Correction: to debug or repair any errors;
- Legal: to protect against fraud or illegal activity or to comply with applicable law or a legal obligation, or exercise rights under the law, such as the right to free speech; or
- Internal Use: to use your personal information, internally, in a lawful manner that is compatible with the context in which you provided the information (i.e., to improve our services).
Please note that if we delete your personal information, many of our services will not work the same. For example, you will not have an account and saved preferences and information will no longer be available.
To submit a request to know or a request to delete, please email us at email@example.com or call us at (844) 903-7653. To designate an authorized agent to act on your behalf you must provide the authorized agent with written permission to do so, and your authorized agent must submit that written proof at the time they make the request on your behalf. If you wish to make multiple requests under this section, we recommend sending the deletion request last, as we will not be able to fulfill your other requests once we have deleted your information.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Personal Information that We Sell
We may "sell" (as sell is defined in CCPA) the following categories of personal information:
- Characteristics of protected classifications under California and federal law;
- Internet/electronic activity;
- Commercial information; and
- Inferences drawn from the categories described above in order to create a profile about you to reflect your preferences, characteristics, preferences, behavior and attitudes.
We participate in digital advertising networks to deliver advertising that is tailored to your interests. The participation in certain ad networks may constitute a "sale" of personal information under CCPA. In order to opt out of this activity, please visit optout.aboutads.info and optout.networkadvertising.org.
Right to Opt Out of Sale
California residents have the right to opt out of the sale of your personal information to third parties, as "sale" is defined under CCPA.
To submit a request to opt out of the sale of your personal information please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (844) 903-7653. In order to designate an authorized agent to act on your behalf you must provide the authorized agent with written permission to do so, and your authorized agent must submit that written proof at the time they make the request on your behalf.
Nevada Resident Rights
Nevada residents may opt out of the sale of their information to a third party so that they may license or sell such information by emailing us at email@example.com.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA Rights, and/or any other rights, and we will not deny you goods or services, charge you a different price, or provide you with a lesser quality of goods or services if you exercise any of your CCPA Rights.
Testimonials and Reviews
Users may perform ratings and reviews of our lenders and real estate professionals. By submitting such information, you grant SOLD.com the right to post and publish such information at our sole discretion. We also display personal testimonials of satisfied customers on our site in addition to other endorsements. We may post your testimonial along with your name.
This Privacy Statement was last updated November 25, 2022.